25.12.07 - Theme: release of 3D-Brush 2.03
The list of new features:
1) 3D-Brush now supports 3D-Mouse! This device could be used not only to navigate, but also to vary radius/ depth/ opacity/ rotation/ focal shift/ specular.
2) FBX import was done. It is important because it stores properly the smoothing groups.
3) Draw with multiple random pens - use CTRL to select several pens.
4) Presets window. The new important feature - presets window. You can store there full state of pen shape/ radius/ depth/ strip shape/ material/ filler/ color/ smooth and restore that settings any time by one click. It can speed up work much.
5) Export low-poly meshes with original positions of vertices. It is mostly important for users who use Auto-mapping.
6) Pen sensitivity slider in options.
7) The new navigation bar is implemented, it can be useful for those peoples who use pen.
8) New user manual!
9) Stability improvements.
10) New pens. Several new pens.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
25.12.07 - Theme: release of 3D-Brush 2.03
Monday, December 24, 2007
We offer festive price for Christmas!
3D-Brush Software Full Professional version is available at 70$ till 31 December 2007!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
3D-Brush 2.02 has been released!
The list of changes (in comparison with 2.01):
1) Unwrapping tool. New unwrapping tool, now it is wery easy to create uv-set for the model.
2) Topological symmetry is implemented. You should define two symmetrical faces to define this symmetry. After that you can flip layers with symmetry or copy the layer to the opposite side.
3) LWO files can be used like brushes.
4) 5 types of color pickers are implemented - all of them are movable and resizable.
5) Stability improvements, many bug fixes.
6) Focal shift slider implemented.
7) Flipping sliders on top panel (Focal depth & smooth degree are also there now).
8) Storing last folders.
9) Custom fill patterns. Now you can make your own custom fill patterns in Fill tool. They will be applied with cube mapping with soft edges. It allows to make seamless cube mapping.
10) Cube mapping improved (in materials menu): preview during texture moving is now very convinient, cube mapping becomes seamless.
11) Clone tool and Sculpt tool now uses alpha even if it is not round.
12) Window position. 3DB stores window position.
13) Drawing performance improved.
14) Hue variation is add to color change tool.
15) Picking top layer. You can pick top layer by pressing 'H'.
16) Navigation with pen improved (it was difficult to navigate with pen).
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
We are glad to inform you that 3D-Brush 2.01 has been released!
06.11.07 - Theme: release of 3D-Brush 2.01
The list of changes (in comparison with 2.00):
1) Adaptive subdivision. A very important change - now every poly is subdivided individually in dependence of its proportions. It solves the problem of long polys. Usually in all sculpting programs edges are divided in two parts, so it is difficult to deal with long polys. As opposed to this common approach 3D-Brush now subdivides the polys in any proportion - for example 7:234.
2) LWO import/export integrated. You can import/export objects with several textures and layers. The nodes structure will be preserved during the import/export. While doing the LWO export 3D-Brush creates the corresponding nodes structure for normal mapping, so as to make the object ready to rendering straight after export.
3) Offset tool has been implemented. It allows you to edit tiled textures and draw bump and specular over it. To use this tool you should load object plane1x1.obj.
4) Navigation icons got implemented.
5) Light source adjusting. Now you can adjust light source properties in a very easy way. You can change light source position and brightness.
6) Hints system.The hints system has been improved - now you will see hints everywhere, on almost every button. This makes the program much more user-friendly and easy-to-use.
7) Less quality of shaders option. There is a new option "less quality of shaders" available. It will allow to increasing the 3D-Brush performance on lower-end computers.
8) Loading without smoothing. The loading without smoothing is improved, now it allows editing non-organic models without distortion. You will get the correct normalmap and displacement at output.
9) Auto-mapping is totally rewritten, now it is more correct and faster.
10) New pen option. A new pen option - spacing has been implemented. It will help in painting different tracks.
11) Hide tool. In the hide tool you can hide/show the closed object with doubleclick now.
12) "Pressure on colour dependence". The "Pressure on colour dependence" option is now in top panel. It is convenient because if you change this option and then forget it, you will not understand why the pen stopped painting.
13) Program performance. Many bugs and inconveniences got fixed, the program performance and stability have been improved.
14) Autosaving your work in case when program feels instability function got implemented.
15) Backfacing while painting got improved, some bugs with backfacing have been fixed.
Thank to all our customers for the support! 80 peoples have purchased 3D-Brush during the discount period (10 peoples have bought it today). We are thankful to all of you! Your support allows us to continue the hard work on many great improvements. Expect 3D-Brush to grow in functionality every month.
Also we decided to increase the product price slowly. So we have not reverted to the initial price declared ($210). Until the end of November the price will remain on the level of $85.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
3D-Brush 2.00 is now available for download and purchase
19.09.07 - Theme: release
Key features of 3D-Brush:
1) At input you provide an OBJ file of 1-100 thousand polygons, preferrably with UV-mapping in place, at output you get either an object of 1-10 million polygons or textures of normals, displacement, color, transparency and specular. Maximal texture size is 4096 per 4096. Fully seamless texturing provided!
2) Possibility to draw relief detailing, color, specular and transparency on model's surface.
3) All you previously did in 2D now can be done in 3D – editing with layers, cloning surface areas, image transforming on surface, Copy/Paste, filling sealed areas, gradient filling, filling area inside contour, darkening, lightening, smoothening, sharping and so on.
4) Small geometry details get automatically added onto normal map, while large ones modify the geometry. As a result, the model of 40 to 80 thousand polygons displayed on screen looks as of 5 to 10 million polygons owing to detailed normal map.
5) Normal map gets instantly formed, so you can view the model in low-polygonal mode and straight away see how it is going to look in your game or scene. This is particularly important for developing games.
6) You can easily add details, applied along a spline, such as chains, bandages, fringe, zipper. Details can be imported as from 3D models, so as from images.
7) Pens you draw with contain plenty of channels - depth, color, specular, eraser mask. This allows to considerably speed up the object detailing as you can both apply relief detailing and draw with color.
8) Although 3D-Brush is more oriented for small detailing, it allows for global object modification, sculpting too. You can easily bend a hand or a finger, enlarge the head, change object proportions or posture.
9) You can fix several points on the object's surface and pull one of them to see the object smoothly deforming. For example, you can easily create a smile or enlarge the object's ear by simply pulling it having fixed the head.
10) You can easily scribe text any way you like, even wrap the text around the object.
11) Closed-up areas can be filled with fractals and materials which contain depth, color and specular. The material can be applied not only from camera, but also with use of cubic mapping.
12) You can transfer details onto the object straight from a photo.
13) You can draw not only with a pen, but also with a contour, square, line linking two dots or a spline curve. This allows drawing not only soft organic forms, but also even, strict 'man-made' forms.
14) Working in 3D-Brush you can edit texture or current projection in the external graphics editor, and this works with layers in place! For example, you can add a layer in Adobe Photoshop and it will get automatically transferred into 3D-Brush.
15) Virtually all can be edited in external 2D editor – pens, current selected area, clipboard contents, while preserving channels of depth, color, specular.
16) Exporting textures and 32-bit displacement.
17) Automatic generation of UV coordinates enabled
18) Support of objects with several textures.